The Fundamentals program is broken into two Modules, making study accessible and flexible for each individual. Modules I and II will always be scheduled consecutively, but it is not a requirement to complete them in succession.
Upon completion of this program, students will have gained knowledge in the following areas:
- An introduction to Functional Anatomy including how to read the physical and subtle body to understand the wide scope of needs for different levels of students.
- An introduction to Yoga History and Philosophy, including learning the traditional chants and focusing on the Eight Limbs of Ashtanga yoga as an ethical foundation to provide a safe space for all students.
- Practical skills necessary for teaching a Yoga Class, including balance between verbal instruction, demonstration, assisting and the Sanskrit pronunciation of poses.
- How and when to use props and modifications, while maintaining the flow of a class.
- How to design safe, effective and informative sequences for Beginner and Level 1 students.