Costa Rica Ashtanga Yoga Training 2018
Nosara, Costa Rica
May 7-21, 2018
$3,380 USD (tax included)
Who is this for? For any teacher or practitioner who wants to refine their practice, as well as advance in their practice. This training is for you if you have:
- A consistent practice of at least 3 years
- A desire to hone in and refine your teaching skills.
- A wish to learn about living, practicing and teaching the 8-limbed yoga path towards cultivating a centred, grounded and purposeful life.
- An inclination to learn the skills of balancing the nervous system through the practice and teaching of Restorative Yoga.
- An aspiration to bring yoga practice off the mat and awaken the “living yoga” to transform your life.
M.A.P. “Mastering the Art of Practice (45 Hr Training )
- Mysore style self-practice. This intensive is for anyone wishing to deepen their practice in a Mysore style setting. You will be learning to develop a self-practice, which creates both discipline, but also endurance, independence and freedom!
- Asana Lab. How to truly deepen and refine your physical and mental awareness around your practice. Some of the Asana Lab topics will be: deep hip-openers and twists, deeper and healthier backbends, stability and strength in arm balances, mastering your inversions, and more!
Transformation Through Restoration (20 Hr Training)
- We will be working with the “moon” or lunar practice of Restorative Yoga to balance the “sun” or solar energies of the vinyasa practice.
- In this intensive, you will learn the art, skill and beauty of the inner self practice of Restorative Yoga. Ways to support the solar practice with moon sequences, Restorative Yoga support at the end of practice, or a stand-alone full Restorative practice and ways to begin integrating and teaching this amazing regenerative and nourishing balancing practice.
This training will take place from May 15 - 29, 2018 in Playa Guiones, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. To sign up or learn more about this training, please visit this website: www.tianayoga.com
*Please note that you must sign up through www.tianayoga.com and not directly through Downward Dog Yoga Centre*
The Art and Soul of Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga
with Ron Reid and Marla Meenakshi Joy
September 8th – 15th, 2018
Early bird discount - sign up before June 8th and save €100!
Dive into the depth of your yoga practice, and the depth of the Agean Sea, to restore, renew and expand your experience of your inner-most Self and extend summer with the warming touch of the Greek sun.
Ron Reid and Marla Meenakshi Joy have been teaching a variety of inspired Ashtanga and Vinyasa based yoga classes and workshops for 30 years, with a global reach over the last 20 years. Ron and Marla lead kirtan (call-and-response chanting) with their band SWAHA and teach yoga and music in a unique combination.
6:30-8:30am – Meditation, Pranayama, led Vinyasa or Mysore (Self-practice) class
8:30am – Breakfast
11:00am-1:00pm – twice per week Asana Lab
1:00pm – Lunch
Afternoons free for beach, excursions, etc.
7:00pm – Dinner
3 times a week either before or after Dinner: Restorative Yoga, Meditation, Mantra/kirtan, lecture, and discussion
South Indian Temple Tour: The Yoga of Ritual and Devotion
with Ron Reid, Marla Meenakshi Joy, & Xenia Ananda Shakti
November 8th – 16th, 2018