COSTA RICA TRAINING
The Spirit of Integration: Bringing Inspired Sequencing Themes and Yoga Philosophy into Your Classes
100hr Teacher Training
with Ron Reid & Marla Meenakshi Joy
April 13-25, 2019 in Nosara, Costa Rica
This yoga teacher training program is an opportunity for you to find the means to master and balance your yoga practice. For practitioners it is an opportunity to deepen your understanding of the practice, for teachers, this program can be an add-on to your 200-hour teacher training, and counts as elective hours towards the DWD 300-hour Advancing the Art of Teaching certification.
In this training, the mornings will be spent practice a combination of Mysore (self-practice) and led Vinyasa classes. The afternoons will comprise philosophy, chanting, as well as the integration of practices such as Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra.
Please note that you have the option to take either the full 100hr training (2 weeks), or you may take a condensed 50hr training (1 week, either April 13-19 or April 19-25). Prices for both options are listed below.
- 100hr training - $3300 USD
- 50hr training - $1900 USD
- A mixture of Mysore (Self-Practice) and themed led vinyasa classes
- working with a common language in asanas that expresses itself in the 5 bodies (also known as the 5 koshas)
- working on sequencing for peak poses and related poses
- an in-depth look at workshop themes for classes, including preparation, modifications, and vinyasa kramas
- asana in the broader context of myth and archetype
- pranayama as a bridge between the physical and energetic practice
Afternoon Asana Labs
- bringing philosophy into you classes, infused and integrated with chanting, and integration practices of Restorative and Yoga Nidra
- creating your asana series in alignment with your theme
- working with integrating the chakras and creating energetic shifts during asana class
- bringing in sacred scriptures into digestible and easy to relate to spiritual concepts for class, focusing specifically on the Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, and Upanishads
- theming the “Rishis” (also know as the Ancient Seer Poses) from the Ashtanga 2nd and 3rd series, with teachings woven around their spiritual and historical significance
- setting the tone and theming your class through an opening chant or "shloka"
Book early and save! Use the following codes to save on your registration, for a limited time only! Use the promo code NOSARA2019 for the 100hr training and promo code EARLYBIRD6DAYS for the 50hr training.
For more information and registration, please visit www.tianayoga.com. Please reach out to Marla (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions.
This retreat/training is open to any serious student, but it is also part of our 300hr Advancing the Art of Teaching program. All course hours count as elective hours.